Eliot Land Use and Transportation Committee Agenda April 9, 2018
St Philip the Deacon Church
120 NE Knott St, Portland OR 97212
Meeting begins 7:00pm
- Welcome, 7:00pm
- agenda additions?
- 10-unit development proposal at 206 NE Sacramento. (Steve Miller, Emerio Design)
- Apartment building (studio and 1-BR units) at Williams and Fargo. – (Robin Murphy, Jackson | Main Architecture)
- Brief discussion of the Microhousing project that was just approved (Robin Murphy will provide some data here)
- ODOT- I-5 Rose Quarter Presentation by ODOT and City of Portland – Caitlin Reff (City of Portland Project Manager) and Megan Channell (ODOT Project Manager
- Approve minutes from February
- Other updates (parking permit district, N/S Neighborhood Greenway on 7th or 9th Ave)
- Public Comment
Notices I received this month-
– Some short term rental permits, 2 street closure notices
– The city is doing some crime enforcement around Dawson Park and won’t allow parking on the south side until after the summer
– 20 Miles Per Hour is now the speed limit on residential streets
– “The Canyons” propsal was approved
– Hearing on Bridge Housing’s proposal at Williams and Thompson
1. 5- or 9-story tower at Schuyler and 2nd (Coast Mirror Site) — pre app conference coming
2. NE Williams and Ivy – NE Corner – 6-story alley behind and 2-story townhouses adjacent to single-family homes. This was originally showed to us as a 5-story building.
3. Car dealership + housing – NE Broadway and 1st
4. People’s Pig/Bluehouse Greenhouse space on Williams — 6 stories with underground parking. Also proposal for a 4-story project where abandoned house is. Transferring some FAR to larger building.
5. Public housing at the Port City site. 4 stories proposed with more 2- and 3-bedroom units than market rate projects have been recently
6. Micro-housing at Williams and Fargo 200-210 rooms with 35 shared-kitchens
7. Micro-housing at 829 N Russell
8. Magnolia phase 2 (NE MLK at Fargo)
Under Construction Multifamily:
1. 1931 N Williams – U shaped 5-story 160 units + 90 parking spots
2. N Williams and Fremont – Carbon12 – 14 high end condos with private elevator access, 22 parking spaces, ground floor retail
3. 7th and Russell – 6 story 68 units, 43 parking spaces
4. 2405 Vancouver – 5 story 54 units over parking.
5. Thompson and 7th – Old Albina Row. – 8 units with garages – 4 each in 2 buildings
6. Grant Warehouse Project (east side of MLK between Ivy&Cook) – C shaped building with 96 units subsidized. Tuck under parking on ground floor and internal playgroun
d. Ground breaking just happened
7. MLK and Morris – Cascadia Healthcare Redevelopment – 2 buildings – housing in north building, services in south. Community Play area and lots of parking4.
8. Tillamook Row- 20 NE Tillamook. 16 unit complex organized around a central courtyard and a commons buildiing.