The Eliot Neighborhood Friends of Trees planting will be on Saturday February 14th. Volunteers are needed to help make this planting a success. It’s a great way to get to know your neighbors and help improve the neighborhood.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Reach-Out, Canvasing, promotion – Delivering flyers, talking with neighbors about planting trees.
- Obtaining donations – Working with businesses for donations.
Day Before Planting:
- Nursery Truck Driving – Drive large truck from nursery(s) to staging area day before planting.
Planting Day – February 14th:
- Loading/Unloading trucks – Unload trees from Nursery Truck, load Neighborhood trucks.
- Neighborhood Truck Driving – Drive your “pickup” truck delivering trees from staging area to planting sites.
- Planting Trees – Help neighbors on planting day plant trees.
- Refreshments and Lunch – Serve pastries, juice, coffee, and lunch items to volunteers.
- Cleanup – Cleanup refreshment table and staging area.
- Summer Health Inspector – help monitor health of newly planted trees.
If you are interested in volunteering send an email to email@example.com.
Tree planting volunteers are asked to arrive at the Friends of Trees office at 3117 NE MLK before 9 am on Saturday February 14 to register and get assigned to a planting team.
Trees will be planted in 6 neighborhoods – Boise, Eliot, King, Humbolt, Piedmont and Sabin – all in one day!
Meet your neighbors and improve the neighborhood at the same time!