(or at least attend the meetings)
- It is the best way, and sometimes the only way, to know what is happening in the neighborhood.
- You can be a part of the decision making process or at least have a voice regarding changes or issues in the Eliot Neighborhood.
- It is a great way to meet neighbors, city officials, developers, and local business owners that are currently in the neighborhood or that would like to be.
- It is a way to have face to face access with the neighborhood liaison police officer regarding crime activity in the area, or to report crime activity.
- It is the best way to be a part of helping to revive, and create the kind of vision you have for the Eliot neighborhood.
- You may not be able to change the world, but you can help make positive changes, and help empower your neighborhood.
- We want, and highly encourage, more neighbors to participate. Many of the board members have served for 10 years of longer. Fresh ideas and faces are always welcome.
- You can be on one of more of many of Eliot Board committees, like tree planning, yearly neighborhood clean up, Dawson Park Summer concert series, newsletter delivery or writing articles, and the welcome committee.
- You have a voice and it will be heard. But, only if you come to the meetings!
- It is only once a month – the 2nd Monday of every month – to make a very important step in being more involved with your beloved Eliot Neighborhood.