Eliot Land Use and Transportation Committee Agenda
Highlights: Portland Streetcar and PBOT presentations about future transit in Eliot
September 11, 2017 7:00 pm
St Philip the Deacon Episcopal Church
120 NE Knott Street (map)
(car parking off Rodney behind the church, entrance on Knott street)
7:00 pm Welcome & Introductions
- Dan Bower, Portland Streetcar Inc to talk about expansion plans. It is not expected that a line through Eliot would be the next one, however some roads in Southern Eliot will show up in the presentation
- Transit Prioritization – Portland Bureau Of Transportation (PBOT) to talk about speeding up some bus lines, including #6 MLK
Repeat agenda items:
- Agenda additions?
- Approve minutes from past months
- Other Updates & Public Comment
July 10:(not yet confirmed) Dan Bower, Portland Streetcar about expansion possibilities
————————–Ongoing projects to keep in mind—————————
1. 9-story tower at Schuyler and 2nd (Coast Mirror Site) — pre app conference coming
2. NE Williams and Ivy – NE Corner – 6-story alley behind and 2-story townhouses adjacent to single-family homes. This was originally showed to us as a 5-story building.
3. Car dealership + housing – NE Broadway and 1st
4. Tillamook Row- 20 NE Tillamook. 16 unit complex organized around a central courtyard and a commons buildiing.
5. People’s Pig/Bluehouse Greenhouse space on Williams — 6 stories with underground parking. Also proposal for a 4-story project where abandoned house is. Transferring some FAR to larger building.
6. Public housing at the Port City site. 4 stories proposed with more 2- and 3-bedroom units than market rate projects have been recently
Under Construction Multifamily:
1. 1931 N Williams – U shaped 5-story 160 units + 90 parking spots
2. N Williams and Fremont – Carbon12 – 14 high end condos with private elevator access, 22 parking spaces, ground floor retail
3. 7th and Russell – 6 story 68 units, 43 parking spaces
4. 2405 Vancouver – 5 story 54 units over parking.
5. Thompson and 7th – Old Albina Row. – 8 units with garages – 4 each in 2 buildings
6. Grant Warehouse Project (east side of MLK between Ivy&Cook) – C shaped building with 96 units subsidized. Tuck under parking on ground floor and internal playground. Ground breaking just happened
7. MLK and Morris – Cascadia Healthcare Redevelopment – 2 buildings – housing in north building, services in south. Community Play area and lots of parking