Board Meeting Minutes 2017-11-20

minutesEliot Neighborhood Association
Meeting Minutes
November 20, 2017
6:30 – 8:30 pm
St Philip Deacon Episcopal Church NE 120 Knott St

Meeting called to order 6:30pm

Move to accept October minutes with changes; unanimously approved

Move to accept September minutes; unanimously approved

Discussion/Question: Linnton Environmental Committee – neighbors as advocates and we need a representative from Eliot. Angela Kremer’s partner may be interested (not present). Other option is board members taking turns to attend. Jere to follow up.

Discussion/Question: Review of October open meeting discussion table groups: safety, newsletter, clean up, socialization, leadership.
Discussed using ENA funds to purchase signs and window clings for blocks who will participate in Neighborhood Watch.

Committee reports:  

Land Use (Wes Ayers) updates on Cascadia Project, People’s Pig, discussion about affordable housing in new developments. Discussion about parking and permit parking. Brad to follow up with Allan Rudwick. Board needs a representative at NECN LUTC meetings – Jere to follow up with Wes and Allan.

Board Officers Election: unanimously approved

  • Chair – Jere Fitterman
  • Vice Chair – Maggie Gardner
  • Co-Recorders: Shireen Hasan, Monica Choy Salazar (Jere discovered per bylaws, there can only be one Recorder; Shireen & Monica decided through email after meeting that Recorder is Monica Choy Salazar)
  • Treasurer: Jim Hlava
  • Editor: Susan Stringer

Representatives:

  • LUTC Rep: Wes Ayers
  • NECN Rep: Jere Fitterman
  • Livability Committee Rep: Jere Fitterman

Discussion/Question: Jim Hlava treasurer’s update on amount in treasury, board to develop a strategy for use, Rodney/Ivy Diverter project, and question about changing bank for ENA funds. Will discuss changing banks in the new year.

Announcements: 

Hill Block project at N. Russell and Williams. Emmanuel Planning Committee deadline to submit to join November 28, 2017. Jimmy considering, Shireen to reach out to Byrd.

Re-naming Williams Avenue: introduced initiative to rename Williams Avenue after Rev. O.B. Williams; will revisit at January meeting.

Move to skip December meeting because of holiday season; unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned 8pm

Guests/Residents present: Josh Channell, Ben Lavine, Mitchell Bender

Board Members present: Anna Daggett, Brad Baker, Jere Fitterman, Jim Hlava, Jimmy Wilson, Maggie Gardner, Monica Choy Salazar, Patricia Montgomery, Shireen Hasan, Sue Stringer, Wes Ayers

 

Advertisements