Eliot Neighborhood Association August 17, 2020 Meeting Minutes

Chairs: Jimmy Wilson & Allan Rudwick

Board Members Present:

  • Allan Rudwick
  • Jimmy Wilson
  • Jonathan Konkol
  • Jennifer Wilcox
  • Sue Stringer
  • Shireen Hasan

Others Present:

  • Harrison Osbourn, Dawson Park subcommittee
  • Thacher Schmid, independent journalist (ThacherSchmid.com)  thachmid@gmail.com.

Meeting opened at 6:35pm.

Welcome & Introductions

Dawson Park update

  • Allan has a draft of a letter that many of the neighbors have signed on to request speed bumps on Stanton Street
    • Jonathan introduced the motion to send the letter, Sue seconded, the motion passed
  • Sue spoke with an officer today who re-emphasized the importance of reporting every incident that happens.
  • Had one subcommittee meeting, may have another one next week. Have someone from the hospital that attended, a few other organizations have also expressed support.
  • The police are not protecting Stanton street.  Multiple police officers have reported they have been told not to police this area.
  • Action steps:
    • Harrison continue to reach out to the Mayor’s office each week
    • Reach out to someone from Chief Lovell’s office (Harrison will ask for a volunteer to do this)
    • Allan will send the letter to PBOT

Old Business/Updates: 

  • NECN: NECN is changing their model, shifting power to the PSAC.  Change is coming to the Neighborhood Associations. 
  • Land Use: Did not meet
  • Back to School Backpack giveaway: Cascadia is giving away backpacks filled with back to school supplies.  Will send the info to Sue to post on the website.
  • Emanuel church giving away food August 29th starting at noon
  • Saint Philip the Deacon giving away sack lunches on Saturdays.
    • There was a suggestion to do a once a month activity for the homeless across the street with food donations.  Had an event this past Sunday.
  • Community Cycling Center follow up: William has not been able to connect with Saint Philip the Deacon Church (Pastor Maria). Shireen will follow up.
  • It was suggested to have a list of community resources posted on the website: send info to Sue and she will post it
  • All the old minutes are up on the website.
  • Newsletter deadline September 1.  Has been harder to get content lately.

Minutes

Amended minutes from July meeting were approved.  Sue moved to accept the minutes as posted. Jonathan seconded. One abstention.  Motion carried.

Meeting ended 7:35

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s