The City of Portland is starting a task force to look at parking concerns in and around Eliot. You can find more details here. Below is a summary of some goals and a screenshot of their website.
They also want you to fill out a survey here about your experiences travelling and parking in Eliot
The Eliot NA board and land use committees have brought up several concerns like:
- not burdening long-time residents with additional costs that are being brought by increased density
- parking causing bike-car conflicts
- varied parking demand across the demand means different solutions for different areas
- not enough loading zones causing double-parking in places
Here’s the link to Apply to join the task force by September 21st. (I already did, it was easy)
Goals of parking management
The goal of parking management is to balance all the competing needs for on-street parking. Customers, commercial delivery drivers, and a growing population all need access to on-street parking.
Benefits of parking management include:
- Better livability for residents
- Better access to local businesses for customer and freight
- Less congestion and carbon emissions
- Better air quality and safety for everyone
- Less illegal parking and fewer blocked driveways with regular enforcement