The Eliot Neighborhood Friends of Trees planting will be on Saturday February 13th. Volunteers are needed to help make this planting a success. It’s a great way to get to know your neighbors and help improve the neighborhood.
Volunteers are needed for:
Planting Day – February 13th:
- Loading/Unloading trucks – Unload trees from Nursery Truck, load Neighborhood trucks.
- Neighborhood Truck Driving – Drive your “pickup” truck delivering trees from staging area to planting sites.
- Planting Trees – Help neighbors on planting day plant trees.
- Refreshments and Lunch – Serve pastries, juice, coffee, and lunch items to volunteers.
- Cleanup – Cleanup refreshment table and staging area.
- Summer Health Inspector – help monitor health of newly planted trees.
Volunteers who are planting trees should arrive at the Friends of Trees office at 3117 NE MLK by 8:45 am on Saturday February 13 to register and get assigned to a planting team.
Trees will be planted in 4 neighborhoods – Boise, Eliot, King, Humbolt – all in one day!
Meet your neighbors and improve the neighborhood at the same time!
If you are interested in volunteering send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-552-8678.