At their last two meetings, the North Williams Stakeholder Advisory Committee finalized a recommendation for a new design for North Williams Avenue. You are invited to review it at an Open House on Saturday, May 19th, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at Immaculate Heart Church (2926 N Williams, at Stanton). A flyer is attached.
The recommendation includes:
- signals on Cook Street at Williams and at Vancouver
- a left-side buffered bike lane along most of the length of Williams Avenue
- pedestrian visibility improvements
- reduced motor vehicle speeds
- a project honoring the history of the street
At the Open House, you’ll find:
- detailed block-by-block drawings of the recommended changes
- project staff and Committee members who can answer your questions and take your comments
- snacks and drinks
- licensed childcare
We also hope that you will bring any historical photos or stories you have about North Williams, to share with this project’s Honoring History Subcommittee. We will have a scanner to process photos and other artifacts.
You can learn more about the Committee’s deliberations by reviewing their final recommendation and the meeting notes from their last two meetings (March 20th and April 3rd).
All materials referred to in the notes are available on the project webpage, but you are also welcome to contact me or project manager Rich Newlands (email@example.com, 503-823-7780) to request past materials.
Full Flyer here: