Visitors: Julia Anderson, Nicole Leggett, Sara Long, Saint Hood, Angel Hood (Forgotten Realms) Karla Gostnell, Jimmy Gnass (neighbors), Sam Smith (Green Zebra Grocery) Cameron Bremer (neighbor), Vicki Guinn (Legacy Emanuel).
Welcome, introductions and minutes read and approved
Last month action items
- Sue Stringer gave letter to our co-chairs asking for their support of traffic calming measures along 7th.
- $5000 in Blazer money is still in the process
- Angela has a meeting with the Blazer’s Neighborhood Representative on Thursday February 4th.
No new business items
Cascadia Garlington Center Update with Joan Jasper from Scott/Edwards Architects
- Ground breaking this fall hopefully with project finish date scheduled for late 2017
- Lots of added trees
- Good design with interior courtyard
- We asked them to use art work from people who have been displaced from the neighborhood. Maybe even get in touch with artists Kayin Talton Davis and Cleo Davis as the artists who will create artwork for Williams Avenue. The artists, who own Soapbox Theory & Screwloose Studio on North Williams Avenue, will install 10 tile sidewalk “murals”, 30 commemorative signs and an interactive kiosk along N. Williams Avenue from Broadway to Killingsworth Street.
Forgotten Realms Homeless Site
- January 10th they received permission from the city to be at North Kerby and Graham after they had relocated there from Hazelnut Grove.
- They have a Code of Conduct
- Quiet hours after 9pm unless there is an emergency
- Capped at 25 people
- Bathrooms and garbage pick-up
- They want to be good neighbors
- Emanuel Hospital supports the camp and Portland Police will be frequent visitors to the camp but both the hospital and police had great things to say about them
- Newsletter will now be mailed
- We had extremely low rates for advertising and those will be going up to help pay for the mailing
- So far the response has been really favorable
- Deadline for articles is March 15th. Let Sue know you will be writing
- New Seasons wants to help the neighborhood by picking up trash with residents
- Jere Fitterman will send out a doodle to those interested to organize a meeting Angela Kremer, Joe Entler, and neighbor Karla Gostnell all expressed an interest in attending this meeting
- Annie does need to ask NECN for our Communications Funds!
Land Use and Transportation Committee
- Please see their notes when posted
- Lots of development in the works
- They are thinking of starting a paper also
- Took a survey but did not do a good job connecting with people who do not use computers regularly
Albina Neighborhood Tree Team (ANTT)
- They will be removing eight dead or dying trees on 2/2/16 throughout the neighborhood and replaced on 2/13/16 with better trees. The goal is to improve health and beauty of our tree canopy.
Broadway Ace Hardware Grand Opening on April 1st at 11:30am. They are open now—go and support them.
Go to the new Pocket Pub in the old Slice location. Willamette Week just did a nice review for them!