When the summer sun shines in Portland, it’s time to get outside. What better way to spend an evening during our beautiful Portland summers than enjoying a live concert or watching a great movie in your neighborhood Dawson Park! We are hosting 4 concerts and one movie this summer. These events are Free To The Public and are a great way to spend an evening out in the neighborhood. Concerts start at 6:30pm and the food vendors on site will be My Mamma’s Gumbo and Island Daydream Shaved Ice. During movie night, live performances by local musicians and free popcorn begin at 6:30pm and the movie starts at dusk.
Bring your blanket, your family and friends, your leashed dogs, and your picnic or plan to eat dinner at one of the food vendors. We’ve put together another amazing lineup so come out and join the fun!
- July 6 – Legacy Emanuel Medical Center Presents: Soul Vaccination – The Northwest’s premier funk and soul band
- July 13 – Hank Shreve Band – Rockin’ blues and soulful originals
- July 20 – Sabroso – Latin to funk and everything in between
- July 27 – Andy Stokes – Traditional R&B
- Friday, Aug 12 – Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012, PG-13) – Pre movie entertainment by Son de Cuba
Even though these events are free to the public, we couldn’t do this without the support of our local sponsors as well as individual donors. You too can donate to the Dawson Park concert fund, it’s easy!
Thanks to all our 2016 sponsors!
4 thoughts on “Dawson Park Summer Events 2016”
Comments are closed.