Eliot Land Use and Transportation Committee Agenda
January 09, 2017 7:00 pm
St Philip the Deacon Episcopal Church
120 NE Knott Street (map)
(car parking off Rodney behind the chrch, entrance on Knott street)
7:00 pm Welcome & Introductions
- Approve minutes from past months
- 829 N Russell Street (Otak) proposing: 5-story shared housing project with 79 “micro-studios” of 280 to 330 square feet and 14 common kitchens. A 800-900 square foot retail/commercial space will be located along the Russell St frontage.
- Air Pollution – major diesel operators in Eliot with unfiltered engines- should we push this issue & who wants to champion?
Union Pacific Railroad Co. #trucks 12 1619 N River StCalPortland #trucks 183 1050 N River St
NECN report here: http://necoalition.org/report/
- Agenda additions?
- Other Updates & Public Comment
- Short term rental notices: 228 NE Morris, 44 NE Graham, 607 NE Monroe
- Pre app conference coming up: Eliot | 1-10-17 | 1732 NE 2nd Ave | Type III Design Review
————————–Ongoing projects to keep in mind—————————
1. Grant Warehouse Project (east side of MLK between Ivy & Cook) – C shaped building with 96 units subsidized. Tuck under parking on ground floor and internal playground
2. 9-story tower at Schuyler and 2nd (Coast Mirror Site) — pre app conference coming
3. MLK and Morris – Cascadia Healthcare Redevelopment – 2 buildings – housing in north building, services in south. Community Play area and lots of parking
4. (on hold?) 3138 N Williams – SolTerra “Strata”– 106 units, 44 parking
5. NE Williams and Ivy – NE Corner – future large building with alley behind? Has not been formally proposed yet. Expecting 5 stories on Williams, 2 stores behind
6. Y-Ba architects –MLK and Sacramento – 16 units no parking SE corner.
7. Car dealership + housing – NE Broadway and 1st
8. Tillamook Row- 20 NE Tillamook. 16 unit complex organized around a central courtyard and a commons buildiing.
9. People’s Pig/Bluehouse Greenhouse space on Williams — 6 stories with underground parking. Also proposal for a 4-story project where abandoned house is. Transferring some FAR to larger building.
Under Construction Multifamily:
1. 1931 N Williams – U shaped 5-story 160 units + 90 parking spots
2. N Williams and Fremont – Carbon12 – 14 high end condos with private elevator access, 22 parking spaces, ground floor retail
3. 7th and Russell – 6 story 68 units, 43 parking spaces
4. 2405 Vancouver – 5 story 54 units over parking.
5. Thompson and 7th – Old Albina Row. – 8 units with garages – 4 each in 2 buildings