Eliot Land Use and Transportation Committee Minutes
Committee in Attendance: Allan, Clint, Jonathan, Brad
Guest presenter: Brandon Spencer
7:05 <Brandon Spencer, Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability> Conservation Overlay Zone update
There was a very long and informative discussion. Key points:
- proposed changes will not do very much for the Eliot Conservation District.
- They will allow more flexibility to homeowners with developing other parts of their sites as an incentive to keeping the historic homes intact.
- Demolition of contributing structures to a Conservation district may require a fee of 10% of the real market value of the site to discourage demolishing historic homes.
- New process for creating additional conservation districts and modifying the borders of existing ones. (Currently there is no way to make changes)
- Occasional reviews of the contributing/non-contributing status of structures – this has only been done once in the 1989-1993 timeframe.
Land Use Committee Members seemed generally supportive of these changes. We may want to comment in support as the proposal comes out in writing within the next month.
8:20 Land Use Committee elections.
Motion (approved 4-0) to recommend to the Eliot NA board a committee of: Allan, Clint, Jonathan, Brad and an open invite for Phil. Included in the motion: Board should know that we are seeking out additional members, we feel that our committee has dwindled a bit lately.
Motion (approved 4-0): to recommend to the Eliot NA Board officers: Brad as Chair, Jonathan continuing as Vice Chair, Allan as Recorder.
Meeting adjourned around 8:45pm