From Multnomah County Library Website
Reading colors your world! Explore a world of science and art activities with the Summer Reading game.
Read for fun and prizes this summer. Babies, kids and teens can play the Summer Reading game by starting a daily reading habit. In addition, the library will have lots of fun interactive virtual performances, storytelling, and arts and crafts for kids and families. It all kicks off June 16.
Kids of all ages can play online or on paper.
How to play:
· Starting June 16, come to the library and pick up a gameboard or sign up online. Watch instructional videos on how to get and use Beanstack.
· Mark one space for each day you read or listen to a book, or do any of the fun activities, between June 16 and August 31, 2021.
· Each time you mark at least 15 days (they don’t have to be in a row!), come to the library to receive a prize. If you play on paper, fill out one of the cards on your gameboard and bring it with you.
· Once you’ve read 45 days total, you’ve completed the game! Come to the library (if you play on paper, bring your last card) on or after July 30 to receive a T-shirt (while supplies last) and an entry in the Grand Prize drawing for your age level.
· Claim your prizes by August 31, 2021.
For prizes and more information visit: https://multcolib.org/summer-reading
There is also a summer reading program for adults too. For details, visit https://multcolib.org/read-4-life-adult-summer-reading
The library is also offering free printing services. Contact the library at https://multcolib.org/contact or (503) 988-5123 for more information. Albina Library address is 216 NE Knott Street.