Eliot Neighborhood Association Board Meeting
February 15, 2016
St Philips the Deacon
120 NE Knott St
- Call to order 6:30 pm
- Welcome and introductions
- Approve minutes to January meeting. Please read online before Feb meeting.
- Cadmium air pollutants–Adam Lyons to discuss this issue and our possible involvement in any action taken. OPB “Second Portland Glass-Maker Suspends Use of Cadmium.”
- Major pollutant in river adjacent to your neighborhood and will be a very large part of the clean up. There are one or two major sites for PCBs close to Eliot neighborhood. It is the most serious contaminant in the river sediments and there needs to be monitoring so there are not problems with air pollution during the clean up. There needs to be awareness and a voice in your neighborhood for sure! Questions? Contact Adam Lyons, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- City Homeless Camping Plan— Forgotten Realms Site
- Overlook Preparedness Summit – February 20th, Beach School [10-3?] – Kate Wolf of BNA
- NECN Emergency Preparedness event Feb 22, NECN office 6:30 – 8:00 pm- showing of OPB’s Unprepared, tabletop activity of hazard and asset mapping, and prizes for everyone, up to a whole bucket of supplies! Patricia Montgomery will go.
- Cleanup: Saturday 9-11am monthly starting March 12 and Teams
- Annual Cleanup kick off: When: Thursday, February 25 at 6pm Where: NECN office, 4815 NE 7th Ave Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods for coordinators to get together, talk with BPS staff, and have questions answered relating to clean ups this year. Susan Stringer will go.
- Fix Our Streets Portland Endorsement Request –Aaron Brown aaron@fixourstreetsportland. com is working on the Fix Our Streets Portland campaign with a collection of advocates, parents, and small business owners who want Portland to invest in our streets through a temporary, ten-cent gas tax to fund $64 million of paving, maintenance, and street safety projects across the city that will appear before Portland voters on the May 17 ballot.
- Contact Urban League regarding the $500 pledged in September for their sold out event
- Proposal for Mission statement
- Adjourn 8:30 pm