Eliot Neighborhood Association
Board Meeting Agenda
July 17, 2017 6:30 – 8:30 pm
St Philips the Deacon
120 NE Knott St
Open meeting 6:30 pm, Welcome guests, Introductions
Move to accept June Meeting minutes
- Open Signal presentation for the block party
- Clean Start Program begins http://www.centralcityconcern. org/services/employment/ccc- clean-start/
- Planning for summer and fall activities
- Follow up on Tribune article
- Construction updates and timelines for Cascadia’s Garlington Campus.
- Committee Reports
- Joe Kleinhenz from the VOA MRC staff’s the point person for organizing our annual Block Party at the MRC. Their free event with lots of activities for kids and a full spread BBQ. They want to invite the surrounding neighbors and businesses, as well as our current clients, program alumni and their families. The event is scheduled for Tuesday August 16th and we are applying for a street closure permit on NE Sacramento from MLK to 7th for the evening of the event. The neighborhood notification letter is submitted. ENA is posting this on Nextdoor and ENA website.
- National Night Out Registration Deadline: Tuesday July 18th Getting involved in National Night Out is a great way to bring your neighbors together.When neighbors know and look out for one another, they create a connected, safer and more resilient community, which is important for crime prevention efforts and recovery following a natural disaster.
Official date of NNO: Tuesday, August 1, 2017. In Portland, residents and businesses may hold a NNO party between Friday, July 28, 2017, and Sunday August 6, 2017. Register online.
- The City of Portland Bureau of Transportation & Portland State University announced the 2017 Portland Traffic and Transportation Class. This interactive Portland State University class, which meets Fall Term, is open to all Portland residents and offers a unique opportunity to learn about the city’s transportation system while working on actual neighborhood projects that affect your community.