Eliot Land Use and Transportation Committee Minutes
June 11, 2018
<DRAFT> Minutes not yet approved
- Welcome, 7:00pm
- 7:05 <PBOT> NE 7th Avenue project presentation
- discussion was around high volumes of cut-through traffic on Eliot greenways. specifically Tillamook and Morris have a bunch of cars using them. There was discussion of adding some diversion to discourage cars from using Eliot as a cut-through route during rush hour.
- 7:20 <PBOT> NE Vancouver Avenue project
- Discussion of what we wanted to see. Main goal is to solve Traffic weaving around N Fremont N Cook streets where there are regularly close calls and bad behavior by cars.
- 7:55 <Jennifer Nye> People’s Pig project – Williams – west side between Cook and Fargo- 20 units proposed. LUTC was supportive of the proposal, as were neighbors generally. Some concerns about shadows being larger due to the type of roof being proposed but the design looks nice and not cookie-cutter.
- May minutes approved
- Other updates – Allan thinking of stepping down as Chair soon