Thank you for making our BPI Family Fun Day and Concerts in the Park a huge success! The weather was amazing! The music was fantastic! We were surrounded by families and community, love and good times!
Every year around this time we come together to celebrate our participants and volunteers. This year we partnered with Portland Parks & Recreation to help host the Dawson Park Concerts in the Park series. For Three weeks we hosted musical magic at Dawson Park and welcomed Eldon “T” Jones & N Touch, Embrace PDX, and Zoulful Muzic to the stage. They showed up, turned it out, and fun was had by all! For the third and final concert we also hosted our annual Family Fun day and it was one of the best Family Fun Days yet! So many of our families and partnering organizations came out to help, celebrate and have a good time and we partied like never before.
With such an amazing turn out from the community and support from our sponsors Legacy Health, Wonder Ballroom, Dwell Realty, Bureau of Environmental Services, Unitus Community Credit Union, Eliot Neighborhood Association and Williams Vancouver Business Association, all we can say is THANK YOU!
And we would like to share a special note of appreciation to:
- PACKY Academy for providing the culturally specific arts & crafts
- Three Wishes Entertainment for the beautiful face painting
- NE Coalition of Neighborhoods for hosting an, at capacity, domino tournament
- Portland Police Bureau for providing snacks and swag
- Hana’s PDX for serving up tasty snowballs and snacks
- Po’Shines for bringing us their delicious down-home comfort foods
- New Seasons for coming through with free fresh fruits for the kids and families at the concerts
- Portland Fire & Rescue for bringing their trucks and lighting the night
- Portland Trail Blazers for sending Blaze the Trail Cat and incredible gift baskets for families
- Bouncin Bins for the always exciting inflatable bounce house
- Sims Photography for helping us capturing it all on film
And last but not least, a special thanks to YOU who were able to join us, and all of you who continue to show your support for BPI and the amazing children and families we serve! We could not do this with you!
For more information on how to get involved or to participate in any of our programs visit us at www.TheBPI.org.
Don’t forget to check out our photo gallery for all the moments captured that night!
By Leigh Bohannon