St. Philip Deacon Episcopal Church
NE 120 Knott St.
Meeting called to order at 6:45pm.
Motion to accept the minutes from June (Jere, Jonathan 2nds.) Board votes to approve.
- Presentation: Save Columbia Pool! Mary Margaret Wheeler-Weber, Portsmouth Neighborhood Association Chair, email@example.com
- No presentation. Jere to follow up with Mary.
- Civic Life code update: Jonathan has written a letter to voice the opinion of ENA that the best solution is for the city to work with neighborhoods, not to pretend they don’t exist/can’t add value.
- Jonathan will send the letter out to the board once again. He will incorporate feedback and send along to the city asap.
- Welcome Rules: Suggestion to start each meeting with Purpose Statement and Welcome Rules, to have all in attendance on the same page about why we are here and how we should act.
- Pat suggests maybe board members sign one at the beginning of each term
- Jimmy wants to resolve the details of the welcome rules and other verbiage in the executive committee before presenting again to the board.
- Boise Land border: resolution and agreement
- Jimmy wants to have the bylaws officially changed, not wait until Civic Life situation is resolved. Jonathan will email vocabulary to the board to suggest what the bylaw change will be.
- Annual Meeting in October: Portland Clean Air presenting on air polution and dirty diesel. Also, we hold our general elections.
- We should advertise! Thursday will make a tweet template for board members and others to share. Thursday and Shireen will walk and knock on doors (residential or business) to invite people to come, closer to the actual meeting date. Might make a handout, will save receipts for reimbursement if needed.
- From Thursday: NET (Neighborhood Emergency Response Teams) will be doing a lot of testing in the neighborhood this month. Heads-up
- From Sue: we received a neighbor email about trash from Popeyes. They would like to meet with management to have them help take responsibility, have ENA support. Jere will see if Livability committee has already reached out to them.
- From Darren – At meeting for Albina yards, an Eliot resident brought a letter from a different resident, regarding garbage trucks being loud in the middle of the night. These neighbors have been trying to contact the garbage company to get them to change their route, stop using Rodney as a through-street even when it’s not being serviced. Would like to see if ENA will write her a letter of support. Darren will follow up with resident to get more details.
OLD BUSINESS – Committee Reports
- LUTC – Jonathan
- they are meeting with developers for spot next to green drop garage on MLK.
- Treasurer Report – Jim
- We have an overall balance of $15,258.40. $12,358.40 of that amount is the NLP Balance
- Newsletter – Susan
- Population has increased in our neighborhood. As of 9/16/19 it is 3382. Circulation of the newsletter is 3700, with bulk copies being placed at grocery stores and coffee shops, etc.
- Livability – Jere
- Karla is leaving the neighborhood. As she is the chair, they need to re-org
- NECN – Jere
- shared their calendar: Each month will have a guest speaker. Thursday will share calendar on website.
- Community Relations – Jimmy and Shireen
- Domino tournament was a hit!
Adjourn at 8:35
Board Attendance: Jere Fitterman, Jimmy Wilson, Jonathan Konkol, Maggie Gardner, Pat Montgomery, Darren Holcomb, Sue Stringer, Shireen Hasan
Guests: Thursday Graham, Joey (and Val) Fishman