June 2022 ENA LUTC Meeting Minutes
ENA LUTC Meeting Minutes: June 2022
LUTC in attendance:
- Allan, Andrew
- Luke Stein
- Winta Yohannes, Chandra, Carly Harrison, Ashley Koger, Stanley Ong,Kathryn Doherty-Chapman, Kristan Alldrin, Jackie Zusi-Russell
- similar to before
- they don’t have a copy of our letter of support
- going to Design Request this week, Approval by august perhaps
- firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
PBOT – North Portland Parking
- can help reach out with developers about decontrsuction & getting certified. They have a metro grant.
- looking at incentive program
- some adopted practices into the standard practice
- RIP might increase deconstructions
- only set up for full deconstruction
- goal: help connect people doing demolitions with this program
April 11, 2022 ENA LUTC Meeting Minutes
ENA LUTC Meeting Minutes: April 11, 2022
- Present at tonight’s meeting (non-presenters)
- Brad Baker
- Andrew Champion
- Mike Warwick
- Jason Cohen
- Bureau of Environmental Services Presentation on Irving Park Stormwater Project
- Presented by BES Public Involvement Representative Matt Gough
- BES background
- Nature patches throughout park already there
- Problem with stormwater runoff going into streets on the NW corner of park, sogging ball fields
- BES installing rain gardens in addition to the nature patches
- Rain gardens look similar to the ones we see on the side of streets to collet stormwater—green street planters
- Will be installed throughout the park
- Additional green street planters will be installed on 7th Ave north of San Rafael to address flooding which happens there; part of the project
- Does LUTC want to write a letter of support re: Residential Infill Project 2?
- Cottage clusters, six unit townhouses, four units in lower density area lots.
- Hasn’t been looked at in detail yet by committee
- RIP is being changed to align with new state laws
- Seems to generally align with LUTC values—increasing affordable housing
- Will this drive up value of land?
- Increased property taxes?
- New construction has higher property taxes; will that impact affordability when passed on to residents?
- Perhaps not affordable, but more affordable than it would be otherwise
- Can people living on the streets afford these new units?
- Will write a letter in support—aligns with our overall values
iUrban Teen Presents the 13th Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast Celebration on January 16, 2023
Join iUrban Teen’s 13th Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast featuring Grammy Award Winning a cappella group Take 6
In the midst of dangerous and divisive times, with our voting rights under attack, iUrban Teen invites students, staff and our dedicated community to gather together, to remember and “Believe” in the core values of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Believe in integrity first, believe in service before self, believe in excellence in all we do and believe in a commitment to equality and social justice.
Get your tickets now
We believe in the tremendous power of Dr. Kings’ legacy and the righteous power of community to change injustice in our society.
“I want to suggest some of the things that should begin your life’s blueprint. Number one…should be a deep belief in your own dignity. Your worth and your own somebodiness… Always feel that you count. Always feel that you have worth, and always feel that your life has ultimate significance.“
~ Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
January 9, 2023 LUTC Meeting Agenda
(December meeting cancelled)
Meeting will be online via google meet (full information at the bottom if this link doesn’t work)
(Old meeting minutes here)
- 7pm: Welcome and Introductions
- Discuss any additions to the agenda
- PBOT: short discussion of NE 7th and goals (Nicole Peirce, Steven Szigethy)
- Permit discussions:
- (none to discuss yet)
- Parking committee update (Allan)
- Fremont Bridgehead Reclamation Update
- I5- Rose Quarter Update – public comments due by January 4th
- Public Comment
- Emanuel Hospital Annual contact
- January: PBOT to discuss NE 7th Ave traffic
Eliot LUTC recurring meeting
Monday, January 9, 2023 · 7:00 – 8:30pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/sie-kbrb-fpc
Or dial: (US) +1 413-438-2335 PIN: 285 484 290#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/sie-kbrb-fpc?pin=5302750939203