2021-04-12 LUTC Minutes

Attendees: 

  • Brad 
  • Allan
  • Phil
  • Mike
  • Julie D
  • Andrew C

Minutes:

  • Discussed Development Feedback framework. General agreement on priorities but want more work on when priorities are in conflict.
  • Discussed demolitions/developments at 22 NE Monroe and 209 NE Monroe. Brad to write letters in support of 22 NE Monore and suggesting higher density at 209 NE Monroe.
  • Allan shared Fremont Bridge Reclamation update. Phil to shop idea with some of his contacts. 
  • Approved March minutes

2021-03-08 LUTC Minutes

Minutes for March 8, 2021 LUTC Meeting

Attendees:

  • Brad 
  • Allan
  • Phil
  • Mike 

Minutes

  • Allan shared his proposal for the Fremont Bridge Reclamation. The committee was supportive of the idea and Mike is going to help shop the idea around.
  • Brad to post meeting link on website and post to social meeting to try to attract new members.
  • Brad to draft high level document about LUTC’s views on infill and variances and discuss next meeting.
  • Discussed reaching out to our federal legislators about financing infill like RIP. Current shortcoming with bank regulations is that when someone goes to buy a property with an ADUs (or 2-4-plex), they either have to prove the ADU is income generating or just put up a lot more money which most probably don’t have. If banks allowed ADUs to be sold separately or to sell apartments, we might see more ADUs, duplexes, triplexes, and quads being built.

2021-03-09 LUTC Minutes from end of 2020

November 2020

Attendees:

  • Brad 
  • Allan
  • Kathryn
  • Andrew C
  • Harrison O
  • Scott B, PBOT Traffic Engineer

Minutes:

  • Discussed ways to mitigate speeding on NE Stanton including speed bumps and diverters
  • Folks on call were interested in diverter. We discussed doing outreach with the churches to ensure they were in favor.

December 2020

Attendees:

  • Brad 
  • Allan
  • Phil
  • Debora from Red Cross
  • Ali Sadri from Legacy
  • Thomasina Gabriele from Legacy

Minutes:

  • Discussed rezoning of 2800 N Vancouver. Ali seemed to be okay with rezoning the lot which was different from what Allan had heard in a meeting with Legacy’s PR person. Ali is going to connect with Legacy’s PR person. 
  • Discussed mitigation plan from Legacy. It is going to expire in 2025 and won’t be needed with the new Institutional zoning.
  • No new developments planned at Legacy for now, just finishing their existing projects.
  • Discussed ways Red Cross and Emanual could potentially work together
  • Discussed wanting to bring someone from the city to an LUTC meeting to talk about all the underutilized land they’re holding onto in the neighborhood.

LUTC Meeting Minutes 2019-11-11

DRAFT- not yet approved

submitted by Allan Rudwick

In attendance: All Committee members: Brad, Monique, Zach, Phil, Allan, Jonathan

Public: PSU student Andrea was observing. Judge showed up too

Developer for page and Vancouver NW corner – 2 representatives: Alicia and Casey

Ali Sadri- Legacy Health

706pm
2306 n Vancouver
Zoning: CM3d – plan to use community design standards. may submit before end of the calendar year.
Proposal: 43 units. 1 loading zone. Mostly studios and 1br. 3 2br
Concerns: Neighborhood feel, street appeal important. Main entrance not gloomy. We would like more larger units less studios. Also want the building to address the street better. If they get below 40 units they can get rid of the loading zone

Ali from Emanuel (7:40pm)

Emanuel IMP ends 2023, but rules aren’t changing much
New building still going up. Planning on 16 OR. Quicker turnaround.
Core and shell of the building are very flexible. This will allow them to build spaces in the new building and then when finished move units over from older spaces. One highlight is a modernized burn center

Evergreen topic: Land between Vancouver & Williams. Ali & Emanuel want to rezone land they hold and change the development rules on their campus (which we support) but can’t due to city or something. Setbacks are holding everything back. Allan proposed getting some meetings with the city to get things going forward. Ali said he would attend if the right meeting can get set up.

Monique asked about air quality concerns with I-5. Hospital doesn’t care about air quality, they filter everything a ton already

Parking summary: car dealership wants to build a big building. Neighborhood not excited about it. Will continue letter-writing and staying on top of things.

Safer 7th: need to reach out to Nick Falbo and see what is going on and when we can start construction

Another devleopment proposal- we want them to come in for a future meeting – N Flint and Hancock.

6-0 passed: Motion to approve minutes
6-0 passed: Motion to keep land use committee

LUTC Meeting Minutes 2019-10-14

submitted by Allan Rudwick

In attendance: Almost all Committee members: Brad, Monique, Zach, Phil, and Allan

Steve gemmel (EarthquakeTech)

7:05pm: EarthquakeTech street vacation.
In general memebers mentioned that they would want to see more community benefits from street vacation, however the location of this request makes us think that no one is actually using the street anyhow. The committee generally supportive of the street vacation due to the location.

We were invited to an open house November 14. The will be a talk (by a speaker who has previously done a TED talk). At 2310 n Kerby

7:45 Other topics:

Toyota expansion

motion 5-0 to oppose the parking garage dealership expansion & write letter (even though it is just a pre-app conference)

Residential Infill Program(RIP)/better housing by design (BHBD)
RIP is taking forever, BHBD about to go to council for a vote.

Motion 5-0 to write a letter to supporting BHBD and anti-Displacement effort

Lloyd to Woodlawn greenway. Members going

Topic for Next month
2306 n Vancouver

LUTC Meeting Minutes 2019-04-08

DRAFT- not yet approved

Minutes submitted by Allan Rudwick (recorder)

Started at 7pm. In attendance: Committee: Brad, Allan, Jonathan, Public: Monique, Zach. Developer: Marc, architect- didn’t get name. Kat from PSU.

– 3019 NE MLK development. (60)

  • 2 buildings – one on MLK and one behind with a pathway on the north side. Each building would have 2 1-floor units per building, 1 double-height unit on top.
  • Members were excited that something might be built on the site.
  • Design seemed to be relatively well done given the amazing amount of site constraints
  • Bike parking seemed like it was being forced onto the front of the building in a strange way that has no examples elsewhere
  • Street side ground floor unit- could it be a live/work space?
  • Full disclosure: developer currently lives next door to Allan.

– Other updates? (parking permit, N/S Neighborhood Greenway on 7th or 9th Ave, improving intersections around Tubman, revamping Rodney greenway, state housing bills) (15)

  • short discussions, nothing major to report

Motion: Add 2 members to the committee. Passed 3-0 (this has been ratified by the ENA Board)

  • Monique Gaskins, Zach

8:25 Approve Minutes (5)

  • minutes approved 3-0