ENA LUTC Meeting Minutes: April 11, 2022
- Present at tonight’s meeting (non-presenters)
- Brad Baker
- Andrew Champion
- Mike Warwick
- Jason Cohen
- Bureau of Environmental Services Presentation on Irving Park Stormwater Project
- Presented by BES Public Involvement Representative Matt Gough
- BES background
- Nature patches throughout park already there
- Problem with stormwater runoff going into streets on the NW corner of park, sogging ball fields
- BES installing rain gardens in addition to the nature patches
- Rain gardens look similar to the ones we see on the side of streets to collet stormwater—green street planters
- Will be installed throughout the park
- Additional green street planters will be installed on 7th Ave north of San Rafael to address flooding which happens there; part of the project
- Does LUTC want to write a letter of support re: Residential Infill Project 2?
- Cottage clusters, six unit townhouses, four units in lower density area lots.
- Hasn’t been looked at in detail yet by committee
- RIP is being changed to align with new state laws
- Seems to generally align with LUTC values—increasing affordable housing
- Will this drive up value of land?
- Increased property taxes?
- New construction has higher property taxes; will that impact affordability when passed on to residents?
- Perhaps not affordable, but more affordable than it would be otherwise
- Can people living on the streets afford these new units?
- Will write a letter in support—aligns with our overall values