Board Meeting Minutes 2007-11-12

Eliot Neighborhood Association
Board Meeting Notes 11/12/07

I. Meeting called to order at 7pm by Chair Gary Hampton, beginning with introductions. Announcements were passed around.
a. Board Members Present: Gary Hampton, Julia Peters, Jennifer Wilson, Ryan Wilson, Carol Kennedy, Marie d’Hulst, Jim Hlava, Clint Lundmark, Joan Ivan, ___________
b. Neighbors and Presenters: Officer Pete Helzer, Lee Perlman, Norman Haugen, _____________________, _________________

II. Minutes: Gary made a motion to approve the September 2007 minutes. Passed with 7 yes’s and 2 abstentions.

III. December meeting/potluck: Will be held at Emanuel Hospital MOB West Conference Room on Monday, December 10 at 7pm.
a. If your last name begins with the letters A-H, bring a main dish.
b. If your last name begins with the letters I-Z, bring a dessert.

IV. Community Policing with Officer Pete Helzer
a. October: More burglaries and tagging, especially business burglaries on MLK, Williams, and Mississippi, even to Fremont in the streets numbered to the mid-40s. Accounts of alcohol being stolen from restaurants and ladders from the Queen of Sheba.
b. Political tagging also going on in the neighborhood.
c. Do NOT leave valuables in your car in plain sight.
d. If anyone has any questions, contact Ofc. Helzer at phelzer@portlandpolice.org.

V. Committee Reports
a. NE Coalition: Pauline Bradford will report at the next meeting.
b. Land Use Committee: Meets the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30 in Emanuel MOB West.
1. Building going in near Grand Central Bakery near Fremont. This is located in the Boise Neighborhood, but they wanted to inform us.
2. McKenzie Architecture is building lofts at MLK and Graham. There will be 14 units under 1,000 sq. ft in this 5-story building behind the new Graham St. Lofts.
3. Committee will finalize leadership at their next meeting.
4. Transient activities are being reported around Tillamook and Rodney. This problem might be exacerbated by people looking for bottles and cans. Don’t leave your cans out. An alternative is to bring them to VOA at 2318 NE MLK. The money raised from the cans/bottles will be put in a scholarship fund for local high school students.

VI. Executive Board Election
a. Chair: Gary Hampton will continue in this capacity until someone else agrees to fill this role.
b. Vice Chair: Clint Lundmark was unanimously elected after the motion was seconded by Carol Kennedy.
c. Recorder: Julia Peters was unanimously elected after the motion was seconded by Joan Ivan.
d. Treasurer: Carol Kennedy will continue in this capacity until someone else agrees to fill this role.

VII. Special Announcements:
a. 11/13—Meeting at Boise-Eliot School about it becoming an international school. 5:30pm
b. 11/15—Open house at Grant High School on the street car in NE Portland. Begins at 6pm.
c. 12/6—Lloyd District Community Association is hosting an event at the Ambridge Event Center. Come for food, drink and fun.

VIII. A motion was made by Carol Kennedy to adjourn the meeting at 8:10pm, seconded by Joan Ivan and passed by the board.

Respectfully submitted,
~Julia Peters

Advertisements