Eliot Land Use Minutes November 9, 2015
Present from LUTC Board: Phil, Laurie, Montse, Paul, Mike, Clint
Guy Bryant presenting his project at 7th and Thompson.
- At the NW corner of NE 7th and Thompson, Guy Bryant is proposing a 8 unit attached townhouses, 2 bedroom with a den, 1 car garage tucked in.
- The design has dormers and “blends” with the neighborhood. Due to his design he will be asking for setback variance so he can built a 2 roof with overhang.
- He will contact LUTC again once he has a more details about the material he will be using in this construction
Project at Williams/ Vancouver and San Rafael.
- Kurt Schultz – SERA Architects, Mike Mahoney, the Developer presented.
- Proposing a 5 story building with 165 apartments, market rate.
- 90 stall below grade parking spots. Close to a .6 ratio instead of a much a smaller required ratio.
- PBOT required 15 foot sidewalks for this site.
- South facing U shaped building.
- They want a long lasting building and ask for help finding history about this site
- Mike Warwick points out the Comp Plan effort and this is consistent with what we want for the neighborhood
- Mike says it was a Black owned print operation. A plaque to recognize that would be nice Mike says. Kathy Galbraith wrote something about that business.
- The talk turns to a gentleman in the audience asking that they look at some units for affordable rate living.
- Clint mentions an article in our newsletters that speaks about the history.
- Clint is interested in having them look at ground floor retail.
- Laurie mentions how fast the changes are happening and not to leave retail out of the equation.
NEXT PROJECT DISCUSSION: IS 2240 NE MLK Jr Blvd.
- Discussion of this small lot. Architect is here to discuss the project.
- The concept is using 10’4“ floor development heights to get a better height and feel.
- 16 units; with 8 two beds, 8 one beds.
- No parking.
- The balconies are 3’8” , someone mentions that according to planning development tome Pattern Language less than 4 feet will mean the balconies never get used for more than storage.
- Motions at the end to keep the existing Land Use committee (7-0)
- Continue with Allan Rudwick as Chair and Mike Warwick as Vice Chair passed (7-0)
Minutes submitted by Paul van Orden