Visitors present: Jessica Rojas (NE Neighborhood Coalition), Billy Hurst (neighbor), David Lomax ( Meals on Wheels), Cliff Goldman (Measure 97), Don Nesbit (neighbor), Otis and JoAnne Gilles (neighbors), Roya Amirsoleymani (PICA), Aaron Rosenblum (PICA), Errol Beard (neighbor), Hannah Kane ( Yes! On 97)
Meeting starts at 6:30 with introductions
New Cascadia Garlington Center will break ground on Sept. 23, 2016 with art, dancing food and puppies from 2pm-5pm. Join the party! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-927-0630 by September 9th.
Meals on Wheels with David Lomax
Summer in September is on September 10th to support their organization. They will have music, food, a play area for kids, and they are giving away a flat screen TV. $15.00/person or $45/four person group.
- Angela Kremer motions that we renew our $500 sponsorship for this event and give them our free park freebie for Dawson.
- Joan Ivan seconds.
- All in favor.
Yes on Measure 26-179 with Hannah Kane
- 31,000 Portland Renters pay more than 50% of their income towards rent
- 4,000 homeless people
- 900 Portland Public students will be homeless throughout the year
- This measure will provide 1,300 homes that will remain affordable year after year
- 30% of those homes will be held for people making 30% less than the median income
- Tax will be based on property and be about $75/year.
Measure 97 with Cliff Goldman
- Oregon has the lowest corporate tax in the nation
- This bill would hold those major corporations more accountable
- The revenue would help Oregon schools, healthcare, and seniors
Get tested for lead HERE
NECN Report with Jeri Bee—they are holding orientations now for people who want to learn about Northeast Neighborhood Coalition
Beauty and Livability Committee
- Litter pick-up with SOLVE will happen October 8th
- Talk about Blazer money being used to make the traffic diverter on Ivy prettier
Billy Hurst—Dogs at Dawson are not being controlled and are making the park feel less safe. Angela Kremer will be Eliot’s point of contact along with Jessica Rojas from NECN and Billy Hurst contacting the city about this problem.
Meeting is adjourned at 8:30